The French 33-year-old fitness model and travel blogger, Rebecca Burger, died after a horrible accident when a whipped cream canister suddenly exploded on June 18th.
It is believed that the canister, that is injected with gas in order for it to be under high pressure, exploded and hit Rebecca Burger in the chest by penetrating her heart.
The accident occurred in the home of Burger’s family, according to France24.
Rebecca Burger had 154,000 followers on Instagram and 55,000 on Facebook, where she was very popular with beautiful images of herself in bikinis and other fitness clothing outfits.
“It is with great sadness that we announce Rebecca’s death following a domestic accident. Family, relatives and her husband are grieving,” Burger’s family wrote on her Facebook and Instagram accounts.
The family also posted a picture on Burger’s Instagram account, showing the type of canister that exploded. They warned her fans not to buy this type of dispenser that is sold by a French manufacturer.
Voici un exemple de siphon à chantilly qui a explosé et percuté le thorax de Rebecca, entraînant son décès. Précision : le siphon qui a engendré sa mort quant à lui été mis sous scellé. N'utilisez pas ce genre d'ustensile chez vous ! Plusieurs dizaines de milliers d'appareils défectueux sont encore en circulation.